- The highly contagious Delta variant is actively spreading in Pinellas, causing a spike in cases since July 4.
- The delta variant spreads more easily because it causes a higher viral load in your body.
Effective, Safe Vaccines
- Nationally, 99% of new COVID deaths are among unvaccinated people, according to federal health officials.
- The vaccines continue to prove highly effective at preventing severe COVID in the vast majority of people – they remain free and widely available for everyone.
- More than 1 billion people have received the COVID vaccine around the world. 162 million people in the US are fully vaccinated. The vaccines available in Florida are considered extremely safe.
- Free COVID vaccines are now available at your home, too. Call 813-932-6266 to schedule, or visit here for more info.
- If you still have questions, ask your Doctor.
- The CDC recommends masks for vaccinated people who are immunocompromised as they may be at higher risk for a severe case from Delta; unvaccinated people should also continue mask wearing in groups of people.
- Anyone with cold-like symptoms should get tested.
- Information on testing locations and vaccines can be found at www.covid19.pinellascounty.org
COVID-19 Information Links
No Computer? No Problem! Call 844-770-8548 for Covid Vaccine Registration/Appointment Assistance
There are several residents in our community that do not have access to a computer or are not computer or cell phone savvy. You can call the CDR Health Covid-19 Vaccine Support Line at 844-770-8548 for registration assistance.
When prompted, press the number:
- 1 - For English, then press
- 2 - For the Pinellas County Covid-19 Vaccine Center, then press
- 3 - For Experiencing Complications with the Patient Portal
You will get a live person to assist you with registration and later scheduling a vaccine if needed. Please be sure that the caller has pen and paper ready to write down their password they will be given and any other instructions provided.
* * * * *