The Indian Shores Police Department presents its second Community Awareness Program on Tuesday, April 3, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. in the Indian Shores Community Center.
The public is invited to attend the Indian Shores Police Department's second Community Awareness Program on Active Aggressor Response given by Captain Ray DeCunto. Please RSVP to Officer Cari Bittrich at email@example.com or (727) 595-5414.
The world has changed and all too often violence leads the news with reports of active shooters and violent attacks on citizens. This program will focus on the characteristics of the violent person and your response to them. Your mind is the best weapon you possess. Strengthening your mind will make you more aware of your surroundings and assist you with a plan for responding quickly to a violent attack. Topics covered:
- Profile of an active shooter
- See something say something
- Reality of a violent attack
- Getting off the X
- Your mindset - staying aware and alert
- Guided Imagery - conditioning your mind to respond
- The physiological response to a sudden violent attack
- Your response - Run/Hide/Fight
- Armed citizens - the pros and cons
- Have a plan – you and your family
- How to respond when law enforcement arrives