Governor Ron DeSantis announced Phase One of his plan for reopening the state for business beginning Monday, May 4th. The Executive Order will exclude Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties at this time.
. Listed below are the main components of phase one.
- Continued distance learning for schools
- Continued prohibition on visits to senior living facilities
- Allows elective surgeries to resume
- Allows restaurants to offer outdoor seating with a 6 foot space between tables and indoor seating at 25% capacity
- Allows retail establishments to operate at 25% capacity
- Continued closure for bars, gyms, and personal services, such as hairdressers
- Continued social distancing and safer at home recommended for vulnerable adults
- Continued limitation for social groups to ten people or less
- Recommended use of face masks while in public, in the workplace, or if you are unable to social distance (No one will be fined for noncompliance)
The state is increasing the availability of testing sites by increasing drive-up and walk-up testing sites. The National Guard will continue to staff these testing sites.
Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-111 extends Executive Orders 20-87 and 20-91 until 12:01 am May 4, 2020, and Executive Order 20-112 regarding Phase One.
Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery - Executive Order 20-111 - https://lobby.tools/35hGTIZ
Executive Order 20-112 re: Florida’s Recovery - https://lobby.tools/2KKVe7p
FAQs for Executive Order 2020-112 - https://lobby.tools/2y0ALsB
Governor’s Powerpoint presentation on Phase One of Re-Opening: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step - https://lobby.tools/2Siv5AW